September was National Suicide Prevention month and we want to show our support by announcing that we will soon be able to offer training for First Aid for Mental Health. In 2018 alone more than 6,800 lives were lost to suicide in the UK and Republic of Ireland.
At Amalgamate, we understand the importance of mental health. We want to use our company voice to raise awareness about mental health issues and highlight the options of support that are available. Covid-19 has emphasised the importance of mental health and isn’t something that is going to end any time soon.
Two of our trainers will be attending training to qualify them in First Aid for Mental Health. This will allow Amalgamate to begin delivering First Aid for Mental Health from the end of October.
What will our trainers be learning?
The course will cover a range of subjects including:
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Post-traumatic stress order
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
- Stress, anxiety and depression
These are only some of the topics that are being covered to qualify our trainers.
What will this course allow us to do?
Our trainers will receive two qualifications from completing this course:
- Instructor Certificate in First Aid for Mental Health
- Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health or level 6 in Scotland.
This course will also provide us with the ability to teach the following qualifications:
- Level 1 Award in Awareness of First Aid for Mental Health or level 4 in Scotland
- Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health or level 5 in Scotland
- Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health or level 6 in Scotland
We are looking forward to expanding our training abilities and qualifications whilst also being able to promote and support mental health awareness. If you are interested in learning more or booking one of these courses when it becomes available, please contact us on t: +44 (0)141 244 0181 or e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mental Health Support Organisations/Charities