It has been a long and challenging time since the first cases of Covid-19 appeared in Scotland. Unfortunately, the pandemic continues and the virus still remains with us. Some precautions remain as mandatory legal rules and work in conjunction with additional guidelines that remain as good practice.
The following guidance is for our client businesses when looking to mitigate the risk of Covid-19 transmission and increase safety by supporting staff, visitors, customers, and contractors. This details that employers should:
- Ensure/provide means for good ventilation;
- Encourage/advise everyone on how to practice good hand and respiratory hygiene as well as self surface cleaning;
- Encourage everyone to comply with face covering regulations in enclosed public areas;
- Follow self isolation requirements if either displaying symptoms, or if being contacted by Test and Protect;
- Follow any industry guidance that may apply to specific industries;
- Continue to regularly review the risk assessment controls;
- Implement and maintain measures identified within risk assessments;
- Continue to work with employees on health and safety matters;
- Help employees to understand the steps that they, and their organisation, can take to prevent Covid-19 from spreading in the workplace. This should include the importance of using lateral flow testing and highlighting the benefits of the Covid-19 vaccine; and
- Consider available resources to support the mental health of workers as they either return to workplaces, or continue to work from home.
Precautionary measures continue to be reviewed by the UK and Scottish government during which we should support them, and not become complacent when positive cases are increasing during the winter months.
Order lateral flow tests here.
If you require any further guidance or would like more details please get in touch on t: +44 (0)141 244 0181 or e: firstname.lastname@example.org