We’re on the hunt for a part-time Office Administrator to join the team at our Glasgow office. Amalgamate is a vibrant Health & Safety consultancy looking for an intelligent and self‐motivated person who can support our ongoing operations.
We’re a small team, which means that you can get involved in lots of different aspects of the business, and also that your voice is heard. We welcome contributions from all members of the team, in a way that you don’t often see in larger companies.
This is a part time role of 20 hours per week, with flexibility as to how your hours are arranged. Guidance and training will be provided, but prior knowledge/experience of Health and Safety would be beneficial.
The role will include:
- Monthly reconciliation of the bank.
- Processing Debtors and Creditors invoices.
- Chasing of outstanding monies due.
- Making payments to Creditors
- Process VAT returns.
- Job costings for ongoing projects for Health & Safety team.
- Monthly Payroll and Pension.
- HR – maintenance of training and documents for staff. Onboarding and Off boarding of staff.
- invoicing clients, and dealing with debtors.
- Booking transport and accommodation for consultants’ travel; ordering office supplies.
- Communicating with clients, allocating tasks to consultants, scheduling appointments, and case monitoring.
- Proof-reading and formatting of documentation to ensure it is clear, technically accurate and easily understandable.
- Managing consultant contracts and renewals, maintenance of up to date CVs and records of training/qualifications.
- Providing general ad-hoc administrative support, e.g. dealing with incoming phone calls and emails, scheduling of appointments, updating and maintaining records on our CRM system.
It is essential that candidates:
- Have excellent English communication and proof-reading skills;
- Maintain high levels of accuracy and attention to detail in their written work;
- Have good IT skills. Competence with Sage accounting software would be particularly useful. Familiarity with Apple software including Pages and Numbers, as well as Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat would be beneficial;
- Are able to organise their work‐load effectively, completing tasks to strict client-led deadlines.
If you believe that you have the necessary skills, aptitude, and attitude, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to apply online