We are happy to announce that we’ll be working in partnership with Ryze Leisure UK to provide ongoing health and safety consultancy services for their trampoline parks. As a physical activity centre, they face a unique set of challenges to ensure the safety of their customers and staff, and we look forward to supporting them in their mission to create the world’s most awesome trampoline parks.
Ryze UK is part of the Circus Trix group, currently with over 30 parks across the globe, all owner operated. Their goal is to reach 100 parks, with 10 in the UK. Ryze UK opened their first parks in April 2015, with entrepreneurs Scott Fairgrieve and James Shade moving from skateparks to trampoline parks, and are about to open their third Ultimate Trampoline Park, with more to follow.
We’ve recently provided a number of services to the Ryze parks in Edinburgh and Glasgow, including safety audits and training, and we’re now looking forward to developing our working partnership to help them to excel in safety.
Our health and safety consultancy services will include:
- Acting as Competent Safety Advisor for the Glasgow, Edinburgh and Dundee parks, providing advice, guidance and support on all aspects of general health & safety;
- Providing alerts on relevant changes in H&S legislation or guidance, and oﬀering practical advice on their impact to the business;
- Giving support in the development of their Health and Safety Policy and Arrangements;
- Carrying out hazard identification and supporting the development of risk assessments;
- Undertaking annual audits and reviews of their health and safety arrangements;
- Establishing a Management Action Plan to prioritise issues requiring attention; and
- Delivering Health & Safety training, including IOSH Managing Safely, Fire Warden and First Aid Training.
Allan MacDonald, Managing Director of Amalgamate, commented:
“It’s a great opportunity to be working in partnership with such a fun and energetic company. We look forward to helping them meet their Health and Safety challenges.”
We’re coming on board at an interesting time, as new guidelines are being developed for the growing number of trampoline parks in the UK. According to the International Association of Trampoline Parks, the number of trampoline parks in Scotland, England and Wales has increased from just six at the end of 2014 to there now being 145. To deal with regulation of them, a new British Standard is being introduced in March 2017.
There are 13 organisations backing the draft guidelines, including the International Association of Trampoline Parks and the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA). RoSPA said that the guidelines “seek to help park managers identify the key risks at both the design and operational stages, with the aim of establishing an effective approach to managing – but not entirely removing – the risk of injury to customers and staff.”
It’s great to see guidelines keeping up with the growth that is occuring within this fun new leisure sector, and we hope that together Ryze and Amalgamate can lead the way in safety standards.
If you’d like to learn more about the benefits of a dedicated health and safety consultancy service read more here, or contact us on 0141 244 0181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org