Who are we looking for
We’re on the hunt for a part-time Office Administrator to join our team. Amalgamate is a vibrant Health & Safety Consultancy & Training Provider looking for an intelligent and self‐motivated person who can support our consultants in providing excellent service to our clients.
We’re a small team which gives you the opportunity to be involved in lots of different aspects of the business, and be confident that your voice is heard. We welcome contributions from all members of the team, in a way that you won’t often see in larger companies.
This is a part time role of 20 hours per week, with flexibility as to how your hours are arranged. Guidance and training will be provided, but prior knowledge/experience of Health and Safety or consultancy organisations would be beneficial.
The role will include:
- Book-keeping, invoicing clients, and dealing with creditors and debtors;
- Booking transport and accommodation for consultants’ travel and ordering office supplies;
- Communicating with clients, allocating tasks to consultants, scheduling appointments, and case monitoring;
- Proof-reading and formatting of documentation to ensure it is clear, technically accurate and easily understandable;
- Managing contracts and renewals, maintenance of up to date CVs and records of training/qualifications;
- Providing general ad-hoc administrative support e.g. dealing with incoming phone calls and emails, scheduling of appointments, updating and maintaining records on our CRM system.
It is essential that candidates:
- Have a minimum of 5+ years in a similar environment;
- Have excellent English communication and proof-reading skills;
- Maintain high levels of accuracy and attention to detail in their written work;
- Have great IT skills;
- Have working knowledge of Sage accounting software;
- Are familiar with Apple software including Pages and Numbers, experience with Office 365, Microsoft Teams, and Adobe Acrobat would also be beneficial;
- Are able to organise their work‐load effectively, completing tasks to strict client-led deadlines.
Our Equal Opportunities Policy affirms our belief that no one should be discriminated against on the basis of their race, sexuality, gender identity, age, parental status, disability, or other protected characteristic. We’re also committed to Fair Working Practices – we always pay above the Living Wage, and offer a flexible working environment.
If you believe that you have the necessary skills, aptitude, and attitude, please send a CV and covering letter over to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Due to the on-going Scottish Government restrictions, interviews may not be carried out in person. In this event interviews will be carried out via Microsoft Teams.