At Amalgamate we’re hiring a new Health and Safety Consultant to help service our expanding portfolio of clients. We need an enthusiastic, confident and self‐motivated individual, who is comfortable working unsupervised to deliver health, safety and fire consultancy services to clients from a wide range of sectors.
- be NEBOSH Diploma Qualified or equivalent;
- have a Chartered Membership of IOSH or demonstrate that they are working towards it;
- be able to work safely in a range of environments, and both recognise and make timely and sensible decisions in regard to health and safety risks to themselves and others;
- be able to work unsupervised and organise their work‐load effectively, producing reports and other outputs to deadlines;
- possess an appreciation of the need for commercial awareness and the skills required to manage client relationships; and
- be able to give sensible, practical advice, clearly expressed and tailored to the needs of clients.
Ideally, the candidate will also:
- Have 5-10 years of health, safety and fire consultancy experience;
- Relevant fire safety qualification (such as NEBOSH (fire), FPA qualifications or CFPA diploma);
- Ideally registered with one of the recognised schemes identified within the Fire Risk Assessment Competency Council Criteria;
- NEBOSH Construction Qualified;
- Have a working knowledge of construction safety and the CDM regulations 2015 (Principal Designer / Client’s CDM Advisor roles).
We will be particularly interested in what steps you have taken to build on the foundation of your professional qualifications and put your knowledge into practice, develop commercial skills as a consultant, and seek managerial responsibility.
The role will be based in Glasgow, but candidates must be willing and able to travel around the country, and in some cases, further afield. The salary range for this role is £32-40k, dependant on experience and skills.
Amalgamate is a small, dynamic company, and works very much as a team. We pride ourselves on doing great work with interesting organisations including craft breweries, global software companies and rising stars in the construction and design world.
We’re looking for a person who can fit in with our company values, and work energetically with us to grow the business further.
If you believe that you fit the bill, and would be an asset to the Amalgamate team, then please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to hearing from you.